this thread is about FOOTBALL

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date

Pooch

Slut Lover!
Beloved Member
May 11, 2006
so not to bother those with no interest in sports, here is seperate thread for anybody interested.

personally nothing can be better then watching Notre Dame getting there ASSes kicked. Lets talk about some potential racism here...ND fired Tyrone Willingham after 3 years and his record will be better than Charlie Weiss' will be at the end of this year, after his 3rd season. Will the most storied, but overated program fire the white coach too? they shouldnt but just putting that out there. and then there is Michigan (the team with most wins all time in college football) losing at home to 1aa team. now if someone can derail that SC football machine (i have a neice going there so its hard for me to hate on them).

any comments on college or pro.

Actually they talked about this on Colle Football live yesterday. At this point in time Weiss has won (and I may misquote the analysts) has won either 2 or 5 more games than Willingham had and gotten better recruitiing classes. They also point to the fact he has gotten them to two BCS bowl games (stil lost them both).

I agree Willingham got a dirty deal but Weiss will probably get the Irish back in time. Just not this Saturday! GO LIONS!!!!

willingham had them in bcs game his first year two i believe (but dont quote me on that). as a rutgers fan i hate the Lions, but want to see them spank the golden domers. i must say though, it dont get any better than going to a PSU game for true college football experience. Weiss has had 3 recruiting classes and look at them now. dont get me wrong i like weiss, but willingham has proven himself, wasnt given the time, and he will have Washington back as a perennial power again. hell he is one who recruited Quinn. Prob for them is nobody cares about going there for there history anymore, and every game is on tv, so they dont have such an advantage there either.

How can ya hate the Lions? The tradition, the jerseys, the no names on the jerseys. They are what smash mouth football and defense are all about. Linebacker U, baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
they and there boring uniforms have always had my respect. hell im a Giants fan and was praying they were going to pick Pudlusky. but pimp you are from ohio how can you be a PSU fan...dont 'THE Ohio Staters" force you to be a fan ..living there..lol

Those "boring" unfiorms are the best unis in college football bar none.

I root for whoever still has a chance at a national title when OSU & PSU play.

By the way, I'm also a Redskin's fan!

no wonder we get along so well Pimp..lol not expecting much from either of our teams, but jason campbell at QB? but anybody beats Cowboys in my book and i live in TX now.

Yeah, Pooch, you & I are as different as night and day, huh? But, being as impartial as I can possibly be (and I'm admittedly biased), I truly believe the Redskins are primed to be the surprise of the NFL this year!

Jason Campbell is vastly underrated. Just look at what he did at Auburn. He's big, mobile, got a cannon of an arm. He's had an entire year to digest Al Saunder's fabled playbook. He will surprise people this year.

They have the best one-two tandem at running back in the league in Portis & Betts (and Portis is going to run wild and win comeback player of the year), wide-outs set to prove their signings weren't busts (Randle-El & Brandon Lloyd), a great TE (Chris Cooley) and one of the best offensive lines in the game (Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen, Chris Samuels, Pete Kendall & Casey Rabach).

Our defense is back to the top 5 form that they were 3 of the last 4 years and we have the best secondary in football (Smoot, Rodgers, Springs, Landry and Taylor)! Add London Fletcher to the mix (leading tackler in the NFL last year) and Andre Carter set to have a big year at DE under Gregg William's great schemes and we're going to be a shut down D!

You heard it here first (and you heard it correctly): Barring major injuries, the Skins will win the NFC East this year. Philly is way overhyped and Dallas has talent but too many prima donnas; it's Phillip's first year and Romo is hugely overrated. Their O-line is suspect, their receivers are old (Glenn and Owens are both mid-thirties) and their backs (Julisu Jones & Marion Barber) are so-so at best.

If you're Giants would finally realize they made a mistake in Eli Manning (he sucks!!) and get rid of Tom Coughlin before he drives all their good players into retirement (or another team), the G-men could actually compete. But not until they say sianora to both of those huge mistakes!

Skins will go 12-4 or 13-3 and win the East.....and as far as college goes? Penn State 11-1 or 12-0 & the Buckeyes 10-2 or 11-1. The Nittany Lions get both the Buckeyes and Badgers at home and only Michigan is on the road. Ohio State goes to Happy Valley & the Big house but gets Wisconsin at the Shoe. Beware the Spartans though; Dantonio is a great coach and the Spartans are enegerized and hungry!

National championship game:

LSU 24
USC 19

This is only if PSU doesn't run the table. If they do (and if LSU should stumble in the mighty SEC)......

USC 31
PSU 14

Skins def have talent and joe gibbs who is a hall of fame coach and race car owner! hell i cant wait to see Stewart, Hamlin, Bush go up against Gordon, Johnson & Earnheart. no way you gonna win with Campbell as QB this year anyway. Portis is awesome when healthy, but a nut case, if they werent into him for so much money they would go with Betts and would have traded him if he hadnt been injured past 2 years. also with Dan 'Steinbrenner' as youre owner, unless he has decided to get out of Gibbs way, well see the Yankes circa 1980's. but if all those things go as you say, and they stay healthy (#1 key to evrey team...Giants were in first place and rolling at 6-2 last year before they lost Strahan, Toomer, Arrington, both starting corners, and nother starting linebacker forgot names, all within 2-3 weeks, so there chance at championship ended there, even though they still made playoffs) Skins do have talent to go far. Manning is far more highly rated in the league then Campbell is and likely will ever be. Manning is in NY and gets alot of bad pub and in no win situation, being in NY where EVERYTHING is blown out of proportion, and being brother of possibly the best QB of all time. all he has done is improved every year and make the playoffs. Do I wish we wouldnt have made that trade and just took PHil Rivers, and kept the draft pics, yes, but not becuase manning is a bum, cause he isnt. I hate Boys but Romo has at least produced in the league, and if healthy, Eagles will win cause they have the best QB in NFC by far, despite less weapons. Coughlin is an above average coach (just look at his record (Jax, BC, Giants), and if they stayed healthy well it might have been them losing in superbowl to Colts last year, but his ways do apparently wear out players. If the Giants have a running game, they could be dangerous but i dont see them better than 9-7 at best and could easliy go 6-10, but more likely 8-8 along with the skins and the eagles and cowboys none of which i really think are great teams. Trust me i have one New Years resolution for 08 and that is Bill Cower as coach of Giants. i do think both usc and lsu are going to get knocked off this year, but at least one will be in championship game anyway...against i hate to say it..West Virginia who has easy schedule and only needs to beat Lousiville (did you see there defense last night gave up 42 to middle tennesee state, and my team, Rutgers who will give them a real fight with most of there team back from last year. As far as Penn State, you are right they could run the table in a weak and overated big 10 or 12 or however many teams are in there, but i want to see if there hype is real first.

Cowboys

Pimp:I believe your correct about Romo,and you have a good point about the ages of our receivers. I have no faith in a great season.

redskins: I live near DC...seen the redskins a lot. Campbell has a certain 'Deer in the Headlights' thing about him. He seems to lack confidence big time bro'. the redskins may do better than expected...but not 12-4...or 13-3...no sir.

Of course it is September so we all are optimistic for our teams...but if your right...say around New Year's eve...Im seeking your advice for stock investments for 2008. :)

OK PIMP POOCH AND CHICKORY Don't cut the BIG D down this year Romo is going to come to life and the team has the line to give him the time and they havehands. Redskins hold on now one more year they might get it together. To early yet. Wouldn't it be great to see the Big D and Redskins in the bowl again!Winner of this years eastern confrence Dallas. Hey Pimp don't let pooch fool ya he is the one backing the new big dome for Dallas.

Football! Who cares about football? Actually, I used to be a fanatic like you guys. Played safety in college and FB was all I thought about for years. Then in 1994, when baseball went on strike, so did I. I decided to become a fan on strike and not give any more of my money or my time to a bunch of over paid cry babies, wife beaters, drug addicts and such who our kids look up to as heros, when our real heros (firemen, policemen, teachers, etc.) can't even afford to live decently. Something wrong with that picture. You would be amazed at how much time you can free up to actually do something productive when you give up sports! If we all did it, maybe it would become what it should be again, which is just a game and not some major media entertainment even. Just my 2cents.

Muleman

I just prefer to be pessimistic. I've been a Cowboys fan since 1966. :bowdown:

good points allen..i was a baseball player myself, which is my favorite sport actually. but sports like sex is great outlet from politics and paying bills and other daily life problems. Just be careful who you are supporting with youre free time...I assume you go to movies, watch TV? well you think actors arent overpaid, and have skeletons in there closet? Mule, I guess with no team in Iowa, you have to latch on to the Cowpokes. Lets hope they finish the roof this time. Regardless nobody in NFC is as good as Colts, Pats, SD, and maybe even few others in AFC right now, unless Rex Grossman improves which is quite possible. He is another, Like Manning who has taken far too much criticism than do. How many QB's star in there first year or 2?

Pooch said:
good points allen..i was a baseball player myself, which is my favorite sport actually. but sports like sex is great outlet from politics and paying bills and other daily life problems. Just be careful who you are supporting with youre free time...I assume you go to movies, watch TV? well you think actors arent overpaid, and have skeletons in there closet? Mule, I guess with no team in Iowa, you have to latch on to the Cowpokes. Lets hope they finish the roof this time. Regardless nobody in NFC is as good as Colts, Pats, SD, and maybe even few others in AFC right now, unless Rex Grossman improves which is quite possible. He is another, Like Manning who has taken far too much criticism than do. How many QB's star in there first year or 2?

Actually, I watch about 4-6 movies a year (I hate actors) and the only TV show I watch routinely is 2 and a half men. I do watch a lot of educational TV, such as science channel and discovery channel. Mostly, I read and work outside for relaxation and then scuba dive when I can. Otherwise, I am involved in a few businesses we own, which is what I found the valuable time to do when I gave up sports.

I'm never gonna give up sports--it's in my blood-no matter how disillusioned I sometimes get with the prima donnas. I prefer both college football and basketball actually but my spirits in pro football were renewed a bit when Joe Gibbs came back.

I also played the "big three" sports in high school (all state in football & baseball) and played college baseball at a division one school (Kentucky). I held the state record for highest batting average for awhile (.636) but I've since been erased from memory! LOL

Its all very confusing to me, I don't recognise any of the teams you mention as Football teams. They sound like some "sissy rugby" teams from the US. They pretend to play Rugby but need the padding because their Mummy's wouldn't let them play with the mean nasty boys. :)

here in the usa we play our 'football' which is nothing like your'e' 'football' which we call soccer. im not going to slam soccer, for i think it is a great sport, and I recognize it being the World's most popular sport. Its continuing to grow in USA (with or without Posh & Beckham), but will likely never rival our big time sports; football, basketball, baseball, and now even Nascar. I actually made the mistake of joining a rugby match in college, and I can vouge that it is a very rough sport being played with no pads, but it doesnt even begin to compare in ferocity to our football, and youre homo-like comments dont even need to be addressed. and please dont get me started on cricket.

hee hee - homo like comments- Pimp will love that.

Cricket - the sport of gentlemen

eagles fan

Redskins? Giants? Cowboys? Sounds like the bottom 3 in the nfc east. I'm an eagles fan and we still have the best coach in the nfc, Andy Reed. However i"m not as high on Mcnabb as most. When Jeff Garcia took over the qb position last season the he had the offense jelling better than Donavan. If the defense wasn't so pathetic in stopping the run the Eagles would have beat the saints and gone to the superbowl. And I don't agree with all the negative talk about Eli. I think he's going to be a top qb in the league but he's still very young.Everyones compares him to him big brother but give him time. I'l give you McNabb for young Manning in a trade, but for now I'm hope rooting for my team to go to the bowl.
Go Penn State too.