• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

this thread is about FOOTBALL

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Andy Reid couldn't carry Joe Gibbs clipboard on his best day. Mcnabb is awesome when not hurt. Westbrook is overrated and you have no wide receivers to speak of. Philly is getting way too much pub. I doubt they'll even make it to .500--especially if Donovan gets hurt...........again!!

As for Eli? He's not smart enough to ever be among the elite qb's. I knew when he was at Mississippi he was merely a hype created by his brother's success. He's already a bust and won't get any better.

Pimp you are so wrong about Eli Manning and also Andy Reid. Eagles fan, mcnabb was havign an incredible season, his best, on his way to mvp in league before getting hurt. Garcia can't hold his jock, which is why he isnt there, although he did a great job last year and resurected his career, much of which i will credit Andy Reid. well as i write this michigan is getting there asses kicked again at home, least this time bye a good team, and OSU well they looked highly dominant against that OHIO powerhouse Akron...the big ten has no speed and is overated again, which leads me to beleive the hype on PSU is that, they will be good but not a BCS team, but who knows i havent seen them, and i hope they repay ND for last years spanking. Oklahoma is def a team looking good, and should be able to run table in mediocre Big 12, and poss national championship game.

Until Eli proves me wrong (which he won't) then I'm exactly right. When Andy Reid can match Joe Gibbs 3 super bowl rings (which he won't) or match his hall of fame credentials then I'll be wrong. Until then I am right.

As far as college goes.....Appalachian State is a good team (two-time defending division 1-aa champs) and some of the big ten teams are slow but PSU isn't one of them. I don't care who you play, when you have held teams to -3 yards rushing in two games you'r defense is nasty!

It takes the offense longer to jell than the defense and this is true for every team. I think Oklahoma is good for sure but until they actually play somebody the jury is still out. That goes for my own Lions too. But both they and the Buckeyes will be fine.

Vince Lombardi Trophies Won:

Cowboys: 5 Redskins: 3 NY Football Giants: 2 Eagles: 0 LOL

not a Gm in league wouldnt trade Eli for Campbell straight up, and if you dont think that well then, youre biases getting in the way. nobody is saying Gibb isnt one of the best coaches of all time, but again you not giving youre rival his due respect, just look at Reids resume since he took over the Eagles..you remember how bad they were? didnt see the PSU game just glad they kicked butt. you are right bout lack of spped in big ten, I cant comment on PSU having not seen them, but Oklahoma has it on boths sides and LSU looked awesome, and USC has more talent and speed than anybody so i doubt there are any teams out there that can compete really with those 3, but thats why they play the games, and us idiots watch and follow

Pooch, I have to disagree with you again. Sorry, man. Right now I'd bet half the league's general managers would make that trade just on Campbell's potential alone. He's bigger, stronger, more mobile than Manning is. Plus this is his first year as a full-time starter. Manning has already had 3-4 years in the league and not produced. If Campbell is sucessful then I'd wager the number of gm's willing to make the trade goes up to 75%.

I also never said Reid wasn't a good coach; he obviously is. But very few, if any, coaches are as good as Gibbs or match his credentials and success.

I think Penn State could beat Oklahoma but I doubt they could LSU simply because they'd struggle to score. The jury is still out for me on USC.

I think Jason Campbell acquitted himself rather well today against one of the league's better defenses. Also a nice luxury to have the best tandem of backs in the NFC, if not the league, when going against Thomas, Porter & Taylor (you know where Betts is from right, Mule?). That defense played lights out and held Ronnie Brown to nothing! 1-0 is a good start a momentum builder heading into Philly next Monday night. Speaking of Philadelphia.....how bout dem overrated birds? Way to go Pack!!!

Campbell 12/21 224 yards
Portis 17 carries 98 yards
Betts 17 for 63

Ronnie Brown only 11 for 32

Trent Green just 219 in the air.

Hail to the Redskins
hail to victory
Hail to the Redskins
and hail to old DC!!!!!

you should be happy you beat the mediocre rebuilding dolphins at home, and took overtime to do it. you def have solid d and running game, but weak passing game, but in nfl if youre QB doesnt blow the game (campbell aint gonna be winning any for you), you can still win games, as long as he doesnt keep throwing 2 interceptions a game. a win is a win, be happy you are in first place alone for a few hours until the cowboys likely beat the giants at home. more importantly USA 1 Brazill 0 right now how bout that!

The Skins did lose stellar offensive tackle Jon Jansen to a dislocated ankle today. Ordinarily that would greatly concern me but the Redskins bolstered their offensive line depth in the off-season and big Todd Wade (former all-pro) at 6-8, 315 pounds should be able to fill in nicely until Jansen's return.

Total yards:

Skins 413
Fish 286

The Redskins rushed for 191 yards (on 41 carries) an passed for 223 while limiting the Dolphins to just 66 yards rushing. So if the Eagles only managed 13 points against the Packers defense I wonder what they'll muster against our incredibly good d?

well usa had a lead over brazil for 10 minutes! thats progress..do we owe that to Beckam too? look out world lmao although usa woman have been dominant team in world for more than a decade, go figure.

If you throw for 223 yards on just 12 completions against a tough Dolphin defense, I'd say you're pass offense is better than average. Keep in mind Campbell was only making his 9th career start. The game also wouldn't have gone into ot had Randle-El not fumbled at the Miami 3 at the end of regulation. I won't fault him after a 5 catch, 162 yard day though. Told you he'd bounce back this year to prove his signing was no bust!

Can't say as I care, Pooch. It is soccer after all (yawn)!

Pooch said:
here in the usa we play our 'football' which is nothing like your'e' 'football' which we call soccer. im not going to slam soccer, for i think it is a great sport, and I recognize it being the World's most popular sport. Its continuing to grow in USA (with or without Posh & Beckham), but will likely never rival our big time sports; football, basketball, baseball, and now even Nascar. I actually made the mistake of joining a rugby match in college, and I can vouge that it is a very rough sport being played with no pads, but it doesnt even begin to compare in ferocity to our football, and youre homo-like comments dont even need to be addressed. and please dont get me started on cricket.
over here in the uk baseball is called rounders and its played by schoolgirls lol

Randy Moss is rejuvenated; 9 catches for 183 yards. Patriots are scary good.

Pooch said:
here in the usa we play our 'football' which is nothing like your'e' 'football' which we call soccer. im not going to slam soccer, for i think it is a great sport, and I recognize it being the World's most popular sport. Its continuing to grow in USA (with or without Posh & Beckham), but will likely never rival our big time sports; football, basketball, baseball, and now even Nascar. I actually made the mistake of joining a rugby match in college, and I can vouge that it is a very rough sport being played with no pads, but it doesnt even begin to compare in ferocity to our football, and youre homo-like comments dont even need to be addressed. and please dont get me started on cricket.
oh i forgot basketball,over here thats called netball,a sport also played by schoolgirls lol

and our schoolgirls would still kick youres just like we do in soccer. The UK and sports what is that in history? a few olympic gold medals, Lenox Lewis, and 1 world cup. If our best athletes played soccer we would dominate the world at that too, but they dont, they play baseball, basketball, and football.

pimp im not trying to be that down on the guy for he is exactly what you said, talented but raw and young. he will improve, and is lucky to have some real talent (O-line and running game) around him to take pressure off him. enjoy youre victory.

oh maybe i forgot golf, you know the one sport you did invent. but name 1 great all time British Golfer? Colin Mongomery? lmao

pimpology101 said:
Can't say as I care, Pooch. It is soccer after all (yawn)!

Now now Pimp. "Soccer" really is "the beautiful game" As the legendary Bill Shankly once said:

"Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'."

Pooch said:
and our schoolgirls would still kick youres just like we do in soccer. The UK and sports what is that in history? a few olympic gold medals, Lenox Lewis, and 1 world cup. If our best athletes played soccer we would dominate the world at that too, but they dont, they play baseball, basketball, and football.

pimp im not trying to be that down on the guy for he is exactly what you said, talented but raw and young. he will improve, and is lucky to have some real talent (O-line and running game) around him to take pressure off him. enjoy youre victory.

surely you mean netball,rounders and football lmao

Well, I suppose we could comment on "The World Series" but let's be honest, it's a joke. World? - talk about marketing spin - Its USA and a bit of Canada, so it hardly classes as world anything .

Users who are viewing this thread