this thread is about FOOTBALL

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Sabathia is among the top pitchers in both leagues in innings pitched, e.r.a., strikeouts and wins. He's been dominant. His sterling 17-7 record should be even better but during a 9 game stretch where his era was 2.18, the Tribe managed to go just 3-3 in those games as they were struggling offensively at the time. He could easily be (and should be) a 20 game winner already. He's in the top 3 of all the major categories and no other pitcher is. And if you are referring to Fausto Carmona as the best pitcher on the Tribe, let's wait and see if he's a one year wonder first before annointing him better than CC. Granted he has filthy stuff and has had a helluva year but one season does not a Tom Seaver make! ;)

I think Reyes has done more than any shortstop in the National League for his team with the possible exception of Rollins. He's better defensively than all but perhaps Ramirez. He's the catalyst and MVP is to the most valuable, not best stats necessarily. If anyone thinks the Mets would be where they are without Reyes is crazy. They'd be looking up at both the Braves and Phillies.

And as far as the comparisons between Bench and Rodriguez goes........it's interesting that they have played the exact number of seasons (16). The statistics bear me out a bit in my contension that Bench is the best ever. I did say that Pudge had the higher average but in all other categories......Bench trumps Pudge.

Pudge's career stats: .303 281 1,181 42% of base stealers caught
Bench's career stats: .267 389 1,376 48% of base stealers caught

Over 100 more home runs and two hundred rbi's in the same number of seasons. Nearly HALF of all base stealers caught (that's unfreakinbelievable!!!). Case closed. Bench is the best of all-time and no one is even really that close. He may not have invented the sweep tag but he perfected it; Bench was defensively, the best to ever don the face mask, chest protector and shin guards. And I'm not trying to slight Pudge. I'm really not. He's my 3rd favorite catcher of all-time (behind Bench and Gary Carter).

The Steelers are a good football team but nowhere near the class of the AFC. They will lose 2-3 division games and wouldn't fare well against the Patriots, Chargers or Colts.

Can't wait for tonight!!! Skins 24, Eagles 10!!!!!!

you made my point for me about pudge his stats are surely comparable, to say he isnt in the conversation is just unfair. but bench as i stated also is clearly #1. Of course Sabathia is better so far, but i was just speaking htis year, dont forget Carmona started season in minors and was also sent down, every pitcher has no decisions, the win loss record is one of the worst stats. Hell Chin ming Wang missed first month of season and has 18 wins, but he lost the cy young to beckett on Sat. Sabathia is imposing, I wouldnt want to dig in against him. either way, enjoy game tonight.. think its time to start another thread this one getting to long. least it has been well received.

Comparable yes, to a degree. But he comes up on the short end and I am glad you can see Bench is the clear number one. Carmona wasn't sent down this season and started on the major league roster. You're thinking of last year when he had a horrible season. What a difference a year makes. If he can harness his unlimited talent he will be one of the best pitchers in the league for years to come. Opposing batters marvel at his stuff.

I still think Sabathia should win the award but whether he does or not is anybody's guess. Sadly, many awards are about politics rather than result or merit.

We may as well keep it going for awhile since it's been so enjoyable and the season is in its infancy. Up to you though since you started it. ;)

Carmona did get sent down early in season after starting hot, when i think it was westbrook came back, he missed 2 starts i think. im gonna start new thread just about sports since this has branched off way past football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Pooch and Pimp the Boys did it to the Dolphins. I told you watch out this year them cowpokes are out to kick ass and win. About Iowa this weekend what a joke got beat by Iowa State. I think they ought to get out of the Big Ten.

started a new thread this one got so big...but mule be happy but like the steelers fan...lets see when they play a good team (the Gints arent and neither are fins). but scoreboard is that and least you not looking forward to the draft!

On Johnny Bench I have to agree with you pimp. I haven't seen much of Pudge but saw a lot of Bench and he was a hell of a player offensively and defensively. You never saw anybody try to steamroller him on plays at the plate.
Reyers is one of a bunch of very good shortstops in the majors now but I wouldn't put him over Rollins. J Roll's having a great year any may be the only player ever to 20 each hrs, doubles, triples, steals. He has 18 triples and needs 2 more.

Carmona didn't start the season in the starting rotation but was never in the minors. At different times, Cliff Lee, Jeremy Sowers and Jake Westbrook all were but not Fausto.

I'm not one to gloat or rub it in so I'll just say it's great to get a division win on the road and great to be 2-0. The Eagles and Gmen are two games back of us already and Gmen........you're next!!

Well Pimp I was wrong on the game, if only the Eagles could have got a touch down that first quarter things would have changed but a win is a win I was wrong Pimp the Skins did pull it off. It is early yet my man we will see if they can keep going.

I commend the skins and you too pimp. I have to admit you do know your football.Campbell looks like he's very capable to lead the skinS to a good season and possible to the playoffs. As for Andy Reid, I don't know what the fuck he's thinking. His team is unprepared for the season, like he's still in the preseason.
With all that being said I have one question. Where the fuck is Jeff Garcia. McNabb was vintage McNabb. I've said all along , if he can't run the ball he's less than average.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Thanks, fellas. Kudos to you solo for honoring the bet but you did it once..needn't do so any more. I know it had to not sit well. LOL

Is it me or what? But I can't stand all the distractions on sunday and monday nights football telecasts. Why the fuck do we need these "on the field cunt reporters" interrupting the game with all the useless shit they give us. And last night with Charles Barkley in the booth they spent more time talking about shit that had nothing to do with the game.Plus I don't know why they need 3 guys in the booth . I can do without that goofy fuckTony Cornholler. I just like to see the game and know what s going on without all the jokes.
Thanks pimp but it was my propossal....lol

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

You're a good man, solo! LOL

I was lamenting the same thing today. I miss the team of Dandy Don Meredith, Howard Cosell and Frank Gifford. Those guys knew how to call a football game and didn't need contrived story lines to keep us entertained during lulls or blowouts. ESPN's MNF crew sucks!

Last edited by a moderator: