• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

this thread is about FOOTBALL

oh maybe i forgot golf, you know the one sport you did invent. but name 1 great all time British Golfer? Colin Mongomery? lmao

nick faldo took three opens and three masters,and was world no.1 for two years,that classes him as an all time great i believe

Last edited by a moderator:
oh maybe i forgot golf, you know the one sport you did invent. but name 1 great all time British Golfer? Colin Mongomery? lmao

we also 'invented' soccer,and rugby,and the list could go on and on,all you guys did was take a look at rugby and thought to yourselves hmm that looks tough fella's,tell you what lets play rounders and we'll call it baseball and lets play netball and we'll call it basketball lmao

good point on world series that is long been just a name, but if thats best you got well you need to bring more to the table if you gonna make negative comments. There is now a World Baseball Classic which was held for first time where Japan beat Cuba this year. Last Olympics where baseball is now played (we dont bring our professionals) and we won. did i forget ennis...has anybody from UK ever even won wimbledon? Margeret Court? ..she was English i think, she is one of the world's all timers, any men ever win it?

rugby as i mentioned before is a good and rough game. didnt know you invented it, but it is not one of the World's most popular games.. you say the list could go on an on ...well i would like to hear that list. Netball, never heard of it, although i have friends (yes a few hot schoolgirl sluts) who described rounders to me. I guess we stole that from you when we were kicking King Charles Red Coats out of America?

rugby as i mentioned before is a good and rough game. didnt know you invented it, but it is not one of the World's most popular games.. you say the list could go on an on ...well i would like to hear that list. Netball, never heard of it, although i have friends (yes a few hot schoolgirl sluts) who described rounders to me. I guess we stole that from you when we were kicking King Charles Red Coats out of America?

Faldo was definitely great and should still be playing rather than announcing i def give you him. concerning netball i googled it and surprisingly it was derived from basketball not the other way around! "Netball is a sport similar to and derived from basketball, and was originally known in its country of origin, the United States, as "women's basketball". Invented by Clara Gregory Baer[1], a pioneer in women's sport, it is now the pre-eminent women's team sport (both as a spectator and participant sport) in Australia and New Zealand and is popular in Jamaica, Barbados, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and the United Kingdom" here in usa woman play basketball!

Margaret Court is Australian and one of the greatest female tennis players of all time,

Well the football part of thread got hijacked. If we're gonna talk about other athletic feats then Asa Powell's shattering of the world 100m dash record todat, at 9.74 seconds, deserves mention. That is unreal.

we could arguably be said to be the creators of tennis as we know it,golf as we know it,not too mention soccer which is probably the worlds most popular team game.I'm sure you must mean king george,and no doubt that wouldnt have happened without the combined forces of all of our european enemies

Jimmy Connors is my all-time favorite tennis player, Then Agassi. For the ladies it would be Lindsay Davenport, Jennifer Capriati and Mary Jo Fernandez.

Well Pooch, Eli actually played well tonight and your team still got waxed. Not sure it was good play on Manning's part or horrible play on the Cowboy's secondary's part. Both teams played like they would get banned for life if they actually made a tackle or defensive stop. Those two secondaries might make Jason Campbell look like Elway or Marino! LOL

Maybe somebody should go on a sports forum and start a thread thread on interacial fucking?

Well the Aussies arent doing to bad over there in the NFL. We have 2 punters in your game Rocca for the Eagles and Graham for the Jets.

The only tennis player I like is that girl with no knickers, scratching her bum in the Athena poster !

This is so funny, the thread starts to head towards a colonial war - proof that politics is never far away from any sport, and money is never far away from sport or politics. Before we know it, the sport becomes irrelevant and we start a hate campaign - just like life really.

Well done Pimp for (again) ignoring my baiting - I'll get you one day fella !

Hope we can all agree this is all in good sport - I believe the Australians call it "sledging" - hey, we could talk about Australian Rules football - now there is a truly messed up sport !

first reviewed my posts yesterday and i dont want to be viewed as a UK hater, I love UK and its people, been there sev times and have friends there, was just replying to someone who sort of attacked me/our thread here..which is a good change from all the other BS in here.

Eli and Romo were both outstanding. i knew Giants D and running game were in trouble, didnt think it was this bad, and add the injuries they took, well, its time to look forward to the draft. The Boys also suck against the pass, but they have some talent to improve. There pick Anthony Spencer on D-line is gonna be great player.

I did mean to mention Austrailian rules football, seen that on TV and it is Rugby on steroids, much more like american football with no pads. No offense to Ausies on Margaret Court, just made my point more against the UK guy that was talking his crap.

i'm not old enough (im 27) to have seen the 70's-80's Tennis Players, but my father told me Bjorn Borg and Rod Laver were the best, followed by Conners and Mcenroe. Its hard to say Federer is best of all time but the guy is just nails; so damn clutch. My dad also had a crush on Chris Everet, I hear alot of guys did back then...ok who wants to see her take BBC lol. Monica Seles would have equaled or broken Steffi Grafs records if she hadnt gotten stabbed and they are 2 best I have seen, although Serena Williams, healthy, and in her prime is unbelievable, as is Hennin. then there was Martina who can deny her greatness. It should be interesting to see if Graff/Agassi kids become superstars, they obviously have the genes.

eagles fan

uhhhh. the eagles gave the game to the pack and Andy fucked up by not having a punt returner. I have to think he's affected byh the distractions created by his stupid sons in trouble with the law. McNabb did what I always accuse him of, holding the ball too long, 3 passes batted by def lineman and slow making decissions. He also miss a wide open Kevin Curtis for and a td. Since he's been the eagles starting qb I've stated many times, if he' s not making plays with his running ability( which he no longer has) he's less that average as a qb.
Anyway Pimp, Congratulations to your Redskins. I can't' wait til next monday night. We should have a little bet on the game but I can't think of what it should be.

funny how everyone here that has commented is fan of the NFC east teams. didnt see eagles game but mcnabb isnt 100% yet. he has become a much better passer and just runs to avoid rush, but if his knee still bothering him i dont know. analysts have been saying how much stronger the the Packers Dfense is now, so that prob had something to do with it. i doubt reid was thinking bout his kids during the game but who knows, but it seems eagles still blew that one. and pimp Campbell had a 57 passer rating? he is 3rd from last, but only 1 stat counts and he got that one!!! Week one although not over yet showed few things. the AFC has at least 3 dominant teams who proved how good they are, and then there are the Steelers, Bengles and Ravens who may join the elite, all others are pretenders in AFC and NFC just is mediocre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back