Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Pooch said:
im not here to compare eli to brady, for brady is far more accomplished, but Manning came through when it was needed, and he deserves his props..(as he has deserved the criticism he got.(and being in NY he got a ton)).....that amazing play is just part of it. he only made the plays he had to make..he didnt make mistakes...he stayed under control, how many 3rd down conversions did he make? he played a good game, he was under duress all game too, pats defense is tough. its not like the Giants had the running game going. but he did lead them to touchdown winning drive with 2 min left to win the SB...hmmmm isnt that exactly what Brady did in his first SB against the Rams. Giants def won game on defense and field possesion, but Eli surely did his job and more. spin it anyway you want...Giants and Ely have scoreboard.
Mr Pooch hats off to your team as I was glad they won they deserved it the way they played. Belecheck the prick even walk down the tunnels before the game was over. He was out coached in both offense and defense as those boys didn't lay down nor give up as so did the pats defense. Eliis one hell of a guy to make a drive with under 2 min against the pats shows lots of talent . Glad they won and are the champs the Boys couldn't of beat them yesterday either only it would of been a higher scoring game.

That pass and on the helmet catch is when I knew the Gods were smiling on the Giants that day and that they were probably going to win. That it was meant to be.

I did not like the ending where genius Bill left the field before the game was over after a very quick handshake with Tom C. Bill is what makes it tough to like the Pats sometimes. He can be such a classless poor loser.

I agree that the Giant defense won the game and Eli did just enough not to lose it. And that was a tremendous defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mule, they wouldnt had won had you not stated they could ..before the Packers game! lol before they came back to win at the end, I was actually thinking how i was going to be able to analyze the stats to show that the Giants actually won the game (as the Redskins had done earlier in playoffs)..LMAO
i dont care bout belechick leaving with 1 sec left, i was too busy celebrating by then, but the guy who normally makes these great adjustments didnt do crap. i'm guessin that red hoodie messed him up. i was expecting him to change to max protect ..and run the ball in second half...but they just stuck with the same plan....the Giants were willing to give them Welker short all day long, and even run the ball some, as long as they could take there shots at Brady, and even there blitzes worked yesterday, not to mention up until the 4th quarter, the Giants OL and backs picked up all the Pats blitzes and pressure. I give Brady credit, hadnt seen QB take so many hits in game since David Carr left Houston, and he didnt complain ...(he prob should have to the coaches), they didnt make excuses..they know they were soundly beaten on the field..shows how good they are that the game was so close. even in loss, Pats are def one of best single season teams but they are a failure....must have been some lingering Babe Ruth spell still hanging around Boston.
That sexy Jordan Sparx did an awesome natl anthem btw...Petty was pretty cool too..still think that is one weird looking dude... they got to make SB on saturday so you have sunday to recover.....

Finally... It's (the NFL season) over, and college basketball and T. Woods can take center stage... Baseball? Congress and a steroid hunting media have contrived to make it less than enjoyable, for me.

Don't mind me--I'm just griping 'cauz my STEELERS didn't come up to my hopes (note that I didn't say 'expectations').

I do have to say this Superbowl was about the most exciting one I've ever watched. I think that because they were given little chance of winning, and many expected a PATS blowout, the game will always be talked about in terms of the excitement it generated. Congrats to the Giants!

However, time moves on. The groundhog has seen his shadow, so MARCH MADNESS can't be far down the road! And April in Augusta (the MASTERS, for y'all that don't get the implication) always brings a sense of anticipation, for me.

I remember hoping that Lee Elder or Charlie Sifford (black golfers) would somehow get the win that would give one of them an automatic invitation to be the first black golfer to play in the Masters (Elder became the first, in 1975). And now, Tiger's expected (and HE expects to, also) to win EVERY tournament he plays in. Funny, that...

Again, give Eli and the Giants their props. They played well, and refused to believe in the inevitability of defeat at the hands of the Patriots. There's a life's lesson there. Believe in yourself, prepare to win, and you'll often be pleasantly surprised at what you can accomplish.

another lesson to be learned...when youre QB is getting mauled every play, you might want to keep a tight end or running back in to block.

Golf is boring as sh*t to watch, except maybe for the major tourneys. i think its a joke you have to be quiet when they are trying to hit a stationary ball. Tiger should try hitting a putt with 75K fans screaming at him. not big Tiger fan, although i have nothing against him, and just respect his greatness. Tennis culd be fun this summer now that Federer has a real challenger. If only Mickelson or someone would really challenge Woods, but that guy is just the best ever. His career already rivals Nicklaus, and he will break all the records.
nobody can touch him if he plays his best..if he doesnt play his best...well he still usually plays good enough to contend if not win. i dont really see the big deal with golf i mean i played twice and scored in the 70's ....(no i didnt play the back 9) but there was a real cute drink girl driving around convincing me to buy $6.00 can beers.

cant get into ncaa reg season anymore....although i like UNC/Duke rivalry games...but the tourney isnt far away..thank god...this is worst month of the Sports year thats for sure.

I'll havta get back with you on that post, Pooch. Right now, I'm kinda busy checking out the Beyonce Knowles thread link... Thas gonna take some time.

Pooch said:
another lesson to be learned...when youre QB is getting mauled every play, you might want to keep a tight end or running back in to block.

Or get in the shotgun and dump off some passes to Maroney in the flat. He just kept taking the snaps, dropping back and getting one second to get rid of the ball.

Look Will, you can call it personality all you want. But how often do you see a coach leave his team on the field and on the sidelines and go back to the dressing room by himself? Looking pissed. I got the feeling that he was signaling his team that they didn't deserve him.

He is a great coach, his team loves him, he is a winner and a true football genius. But I'll say it again. He has no class. But then I grew up with Tom Landry as my favorite all time coach.

Victoria and Dan, you sure nailed that one! I hope you won big. And I hope you are willing to share with those unfortunates like me who bet the Pats and gave the points. Next year I will seek you out and get your predictions.
Its good to see you two back by the way. When you get a chance, give me a call and see if we can get together.

SaltandPepper98 said:
Look Will, you can call it personality all you want. But how often do you see a coach leave his team on the field and on the sidelines and go back to the dressing room by himself? Looking pissed. I got the feeling that he was signaling his team that they didn't deserve him.

He is a great coach, his team loves him, he is a winner and a true football genius. But I'll say it again. He has no class. But then I grew up with Tom Landry as my favorite all time coach.
Truer words were never spoken Norm you hit the nail on the head and also I was not impresseed with his coaching skills through out the whole game. Just for Pooch norm come up with a list of stats how the pattys won the game anyway so pooch isn't all depressed about the game. Norm couldn't of you see Landry with red hoodie and a head set on instead of his dress felt hat and suit the man had class like Tony Dungee who I think is the only one out there like Landry was.

Pooch you never did tell me how your old school did in football this year so where did Katy place?

Katy won Texas 5A State Title (#1 in TX) they were ranked #3 in USA today nationally going into the playoffs, not sure if they finished there or higher. so it turned out to be a great football season, even Rutgers won another bowl game.

How awesome was it each time they flashed the stats of hits/pressures/sacks on Brady...each time Fox did that, cancelled out 2 times i had to see Peyton Manning , so for me, that was a wash!!!

I dont get on that Belechick is a classless scumbag bandwagon....to me they thought game was over, the announcers did, I did, he showed sportsmanship and ran immediately to shake Coughlin hand, the field was already a mob..he left big friggin deal...i'm sure Tom Brady wants to leave the Pats now because of it, or Moss wont want to resign with them because of it!...give me a break. too much is made of what these professional athletes/coaches say/do. Belechick plays the media, never ever says a bad thing about anybody so how is he classless. ok the cheating scandall..which in reality is much about nothing. he shows sportsmanship, thats more than can be said about some others. look the guy plays the media his own way..thats not giving them anything..he isnt a tv personality, and he doesnt want to be one, he is extremely guarded. he isnt mean or nasty like Parcells got or Bobby Night was ....the guy is awesome coach, he had his off day...i have lot of respect for him. New England is already the Vegas fav to win next year SB..lol Of Course Landry set the standard for class ...but thats only cause he came from the Giants!!!!

Here are 3 unanswered questions from the Super Bowl that I havent seen anybody write or speak about.
1. why was Shockey in a suite and not on Giants sidelines? hmmmmm that has to be big news in New York.
2. why did Belechick suddenly change from Grey to Red hoodie? (not that i'm supersticious but soon as i saw him come on the field, it made me wonder).
3. why do they need to take a professional singer, and then lip sync the national anthem?

1. I was surprised that Shockey was at the game. On crutches and all.

2. I've seen that question asked about the hoodie. I haven't seen anyone speculate about the why though.

3. I agree about the lip syncing. Especially since it was indoors and all.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Pats. I'm just not a big fan of some of the things Bill does. On the other hand I was never crazy about Parcells even when he was with Dallas. I never liked Bullies and always went out of my way to stand up and make life miserable for them.

Hey, look what I found.

Will, never mind the article. The comments are great. Never knew the Pats were so hated. But a great majority agree that Bill should have stayed with his team through the last second.

Bill Belichick: Classless Coach - Bleacher Report

i had seen sev reports discussing how the pats are hated. i think its mostly jealousy for them winning so much, and brady being a pretty boy, and belechik too. poeple either love or hate dynasty teams, and despite giants winning sb, pats run is incredible. they have had 2.. 18 game winning streaks...i guess i have a bias towards giving belechik benefit of doubt cause he started with giants.

I was used to it with the Cowboys but I thought much of it was because they had been dubbed "America's Team" (due to all the merchandise they sold all over the country) and the natural backlash to that, along with all the winning.

I hadn't really noticed how much of the country hated the Pats till this year. Its as though people latched onto the spygate thing and Bill's personality to give them reasons. I suppose its easier than just admitting that their teams just can't build a winning tradition. So hate the teams that do. I agree that deep down its just jealously.

I was just the opposite. In "66" I began to root for the Cowboys after they lost a big game against the Packers. I rooted for them all the next season and they lost again to the Packers in the Ice Bowl. I didn't hate the Pack, I liked the Cowboys more.

In the mid 70's the Pats were a working mans team. But only so so winners. Not quite a team of sad sacks as they had some talent but an interesting team of personalities. Since I lived just seven miles from the stadium and I use to see some of them around town and talk to them, I began to root for them too. They played the Cowboys every three years and get trounced.

Now both teams are winners and I'm supposed to feel ashamed because someone is just jealous? Bull.

Go Boys and go Pats. Next year they meet in the Super Bowl.

Norm

why should you feel guilty for liking the teams you do...who the hell cares what anyone says about them..especially me...although we all know that being a Cowboys fan does show you have a minor character flaw....LOL (yea u too Mule!!!)

GIANTS BABY...im still riding that high.......Eli is in Disneyland, where are Romo and Brady?...ok is anyone really crying for them. Romo is in Hawaii, prob banging Daisey Duke, and Brady...well a week has gone bye, I'm sure most of the bruises and pain from his SB beatdown have gone away.

Salt u keep dreaming that dream...hell it could happen..if so i will def watch (the commercials..lol)

damn now im really missin the pimp cause i cant rag on his redskin ass....jim zorn after a month or so? never even been a coordinator...hey Zorn may be the next...who knows...Gibbs..lol...Allen...lol...Spurrier..lol you go Dan Sneider.....take a solid team...young good upcoming QB...and now change EVERYTHING. yea that should help Campbells developement changing systems in his 3rd year. they still have alot of talent and should be a contender.....but just another reason its so good to be a Giants fan right now!

Pooch said:
damn now im really missin the pimp cause i cant rag on his redskin ass....jim zorn after a month or so? never even been a coordinator...hey Zorn may be the next...who knows...Gibbs..lol...Allen...lol...Spurrier..lol you go Dan Sneider.....take a solid team...young good upcoming QB...and now change EVERYTHING. yea that should help Campbells developement changing systems in his 3rd year. they still have alot of talent and should be a contender.....but just another reason its so good to be a Giants fan right now!
Have you ever seen the skins not fuck something up face it thats why I hate them because they are fucked up all the way to the owner. Now pooch without pimp here next year we won't get to see all the win stats nor go into mourning when they win one game isn't that a load off your shoulders. Hell and I thought wade was bad.

ya i guess even he must be a bit confused...who knows Zorn could be the man, but he lacks any real experience..only been a QB and QB coach...granted he is under a HOF coach so ...its not like he cant lead men and design and call plays. Im glad they didnt hire Fassel who is a very solid coach, combo of tough and nice..and some team will swoop him up next year. Wade is a great D Coordiantor...i dont like the nice guys as head coaches...cause eventually lack of discipline in football will catch up to you...not saying that is why boys lost...but who knows..same thing with them...they let Giants D line beat them in 4th quater...and didnt adjust. he has to take heat for that for sure. but they are def one of top teams going into next year.

one other thing bout the Pats in Super Bowl...if u read some of my other posts..i had said several times how lucky they were this year to only have 1 injury (Colvin early in year)...but in SB they got players Banged Up (one of lineman, and Faulk among others) who missed plays and game time....that had to hurt them too..but not an excuse.

Lets all pray that shortly after Wed Roger Clemons will go away for good guilty or not. think Selig gonna ask players association to include drug testing on players wives now? lol as a personal trainer...i have seen very few woman as cut as Debbie Clemmons was in sports illustrated pics she did after she had 4 kids ...but it is possible naturally..just extremely unconmmon...but she is supposedly big into fitness so who knows.

OMG did anybody see that hockey player almost get himself OJ'd last nite...dont watch the sports highlites if you are sqeamish.. ...dude almost got his head cut off...had emergency surgury almost bled to death.. Fuckin hockey it takes sick stuff like this for them to get any pub now adays..they fucked up that sport ...such a great sport...so bad.

if any of you havent ever been to a Pro hockey game live...without a doubt the best sport to see live (other than a big boxing fight or MMA event or something). the speed, the hitting, the skill, and fights for those into that...i dont like the fighting in hockey but that is another debate.

Pooch said:
OMG did anybody see that hockey player almost get himself OJ'd last nite...dont watch the sports highlites if you are sqeamish.. ...dude almost got his head cut off...had emergency surgury almost bled to death.. Fuckin hockey it takes sick stuff like this for them to get any pub now adays..they fucked up that sport ...such a great sport...so bad.

if any of you havent ever been to a Pro hockey game live...without a doubt the best sport to see live (other than a big boxing fight or MMA event or something). the speed, the hitting, the skill, and fights for those into that...i dont like the fighting in hockey but that is another debate.
No I didn't see it you are so right such a great sport that the players have fucked up what a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the article in SI and saw the blood trail in the picture. I don't think I want to see the video. Glad he is going to be all right though. He is the one who took a vicious hit a few years ago. Maybe its time for him to retire.

Norm

the video isnt the most blatant injury you will ever see, but seeing it after knowing what the result was....it was nasty....they sharpern their skate blades before every game and practice. but he iis hockey player..he prob be back in lineup before end of season...whats a severed artery or 2??? you think football players are tough...hockey players are the real deal.
Another dumbass...Sprewell...guess now he really has to try to feed his family....brotha made 96.5 million in his career in salary alone...and is having his house repossessed...
i'm sure he can get a job at Mickey d's now.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

"There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

Specter said Goodell gave him that information during the 1-hour, 40-minute meeting, which was requested by Specter so the commissioner could explain his reasons for destroying the Spygate tapes and notes.

"There were a great many questions answered by Commissioner Goodell," Specter, the senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, told reporters after the meeting. "I found a lot of questions unanswerable because of the tapes and notes had been destroyed."

Goodell said Belichick told him he believed the taping was legal; Goodell said he did not concur.

"He said that's always been his interpretation since he's been the head coach," the commissioner said. "We are going to agree to disagree on the facts."

Specter, from Pennsylvania, wants to talk to other league officials about what exactly was taped and which games may have been compromised.

"We have a right to have honest football games," he said.

Goodell noted that "we were the ones that disclosed" the Patriots' illegal taping of the New York Jets' defensive signals in Week 1 of last season. Further, Goodell said, they had an admission by Belichick.

"I have nothing to hide," Goodell said.

Goodell also told Specter that that he doesn't regret destroying the Spygate tapes or the notes.

"I think it was the right thing to do," Goodell said.

Still, Specter wants to know why penalties were imposed on Belichick before the full extent of the wrongdoing was known and the tapes destroyed in a two-week span. Asked if he thinks there was a coverup, Specter demurred.

"There was an enormous amount of haste," Specter said.

He scoffed at the reasons Goodell gave for destroying the tapes and notes, particularly about trying to keep them out of competitors' hands and because Belichick had admitted to the taping.

"What's that got to do with it? There's an admission of guilt, you preserve the evidence," Specter said. As for keeping the tapes out of the hands of others: "All you have to do is lock up the tapes."

Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team was fined $250,000 because of the Spygate incident. The Patriots also forfeited a first-round draft pick.

Specter has questioned the quality of the NFL's investigation into the matter and raised the possibility of congressional hearings if he wasn't satisfied with Goodell's answers. Specter also raised the threat of Congress canceling the league's antitrust exemption and reiterated that in the meeting with Goodell.

Goodell also said he has not heard from Matt Walsh, the former Patriots employee who performed some videotaping duties for the team.

Walsh told The Associated Press last week during the Pro Bowl in Hawaii that he couldn't talk about allegations that he taped a walkthrough practice by the St. Louis Rams before the 2002 Super Bowl. New England, a two-touchdown underdog, won that game 20-17.

Goodell said he has offered Walsh a deal whereby "he has to tell the truth and he has to return anything he took improperly" in return for indemnity. Specter said he, too, wanted to talk to Walsh and perhaps offer a different deal.

Goodell also said he reserves the right to reopen the investigation if more information is uncovered. Here ya go norm now you know why people don't like the prick besides his fucked up maner.